IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
Felines & Canines is currently not open to the public.
If you are interested in adopting a cat, the process is done by appointment only - please email to schedule your appointment.
If you are interested in adopting a dog, please visit Facebook.com/FelinesandCanines - new dogs are posted every other Saturday and detailed instructions on how to go about adopting are clearly outlined in the post. Please note - you do not need to have a personal facebook page to view our posts.
Our Adoption Philosophy
It is our goal to successfully unite adoptable animals with prepared forever families. We believe strongly in the “matchmaking” process in order to ensure the ideal pairing and help create a lifetime of success for both the animal and the adopting individual/family. We achieve this goal by getting to know the needs and personalities of our adoptable animals, as well as the needs and desires of our potential adopters. We believe in creating a warm, home-like environment where every animal and person who walks through our doors feels welcomed, respected and cared for. This is a joyful experience, and we look forward to helping you on your journey to find your forever friend!
Our Requirements To Adopt
Our adoption process is one that allows us to get to know the needs and desires of everyone in the household in order to ensure a successful match. In an effort to achieve this goal, we ask that all adopters be prepared with the following:
1. You and everyone in the household have discussed and are prepared (physically, emotionally, and financially) for the addition of a companion animal into your lives and home.
2. Every person living full-time in the household be present during the adoption process. If you are looking to adopt a dog and have an existing dog in the home, you must bring that dog with to do a dog-to-dog introduction.
3. All animals in your home are currently spayed/neutered unless they are medically unable to be altered.
4. Adopters must be 18 years or older and willing/able to meet with an adoption counselor to answer questions, complete an adoption application, and sign an adoption contract.
5. We do same-day adoptions and do not hold animals; therefore we ask that you be prepared to take your adopted animal home with you that day.
6. Please bring a photo ID and form of payment. We accept all major credit cards (preferred method of payment) and cash. Personal checks are no longer accepted.
Our Adoption Forms & Fees
The adoption fee helps our organization offset the cost of vetting and medical care provided
to every animal, as well as supporting our operations.
Dogs: Under our adoption fee, all dogs are spayed/neutered, current on age-appropriate
vaccinations, tested for heartworm, current on preventative, receive their first round of
dewormer, microchipped, and include a collar, leash and poop bag holder.
Puppies Under 6 Months: $400
Dogs 7 Months and Older: $350
Cats: Under our adoption fee, all cats are spayed/neutered, current on age-appropriate vaccinations, tested for FIV/FeLV, receive their first round of dewormer and microchipped. Collapsible cat carriers can be purchased for $20
Cats 7 months and older: $100
Kittens 6 months and younger and/or declawed cats: $150
Please note that due to the medical care we invest in all of our animals, we do not offer discounts when adopting more than one dog or cat.